We understand the problems you have with email marketing. You’re a small business owner, entrepreneur, and in most cases, running a household and a family at the same time. Your resources are limited, budgets are tight and let’s face it, you’re probably operating in a reactive “I wear 2000 hats daily” kind of manner.
With statistics showing that email is still a huge driver of communications, transaction, and promotions, why are you still abandoning your email strategy for other ‘shiny bright new objects’?
One reason why you are most likely conducting your email strategy like that is because you are not approaching it with a strategic eye, based on goals and milestones.
Instead, you’re more than likely leveraging email as an afterthought or something that just ‘needs to happen’.
To paint a picture, does this reflect your email marketing…
You send a random newsletter here, a promotional email there, and then you wonder why your open rate isn’t higher or why your click-through rate is dismal.
If that sounds familiar, then here are our top 5 benefits to using email marketing for your small business (so you’re not spinning your wheels with one-off emails and no real reason to communicate with your audience):
1. Build trust with your audience – there is no better medium to personalize your message and delight your audience on a consistent basis than email. WIth the formula to building trust = delight + reliability, being consistent with your message coupled with always providing value and keeping with the expectations you’ve set, building trust with your list should be seen as a privilege, not a chore.
2. Generate sales, leads, and referrals – Whether you have a list of 100 or 100,000 you can generate sales, leads, and referrals. There are smart ways to engage with your audience at every stage of the sales funnel.
3. Communicate special events and brand happenings – You can let contacts know about new in your happenings in your business and get them excited about what’s to come or what just released. Whether is a new blog, video, podcast, product, make a story around your special happens and new releases!
4. Articulate your brand’s position and build massive equity – Email is a great way to remind your customers and potential customers what your position is in your industry. You can remind them of the benefits of working with your brand and continue to show them how you set yourself apart from your competition.
5. ‘Future-Proof’ your brand by ‘owning’ your audience insights – With the understanding that we don’t own social media platforms like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, LinkedIn or Google algorithms, we don’t have control over what happens in the future, an email list is something you can fall back on. Email marketing is still king when it comes to generating sales for your business online. Of course, social media, SEO, and paid advertising are all part of the online strategy, email is the most effective when it comes to closing the deal!
I recently finished up a workshop about email marketing for SCORE San Diego for small businesses in the San Diego area. I was talking to businesses of all types from 5 million in revenue per year to businesses just getting started.
This just goes to show you that email marketing is a pain point for businesses of all sizes. You don’t have to suffer alone, reach out and let’s see what we can do to get you to where you need to be, generating leads from your email contacts!
If you’d like to connect with me on my secrets behind building successful email campaigns and automation series, send me an email at email@example.com!